Friday, February 28, 2014

William Sherman: The Original Wrecking Ball

As much as this is a historical blog where I like to share facts and stories about the American Civil War, sometimes I throw in a short post for humorous reasons. Plus, I'm in the mood to laugh tonight after all my multi-murderer research.

Oh, speaking of multi-murderers, last week I opened a blog about America's first documented serial killer (sometimes known as the Chicago World's Fair Serial Killer) Dr. Henry Howard (H.H.) Holmes. You can check out my "Mistress of the Murder Castle" blog here:

http://murdercastlemistress.blogspot.com/

Since it just went live, it only has two posts at the moment. However, I'll be adding more soon.

Anyway, back to the Civil War. I was listening to "Wrecking Ball" by Miley Cyrus this afternoon. Yes, I'll admit that I was listening to the "new" Miley. Though I don't care for most of her newer songs, sometimes I find a winner that sticks in my head. Of course my mind took the lyrics and gave them a historical spin. For some reason, the line "I came in like a wrecking ball" made me think about William Sherman, his March to the Sea, and the burning of Atlanta. Then I made this.


William Sherman: The Original Wrecking Ball

Until next time.

XOXO, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment